Happy almost friday! This past week and a half I’m really getting my butt back on grind with my workouts and nutrition! I’ve made a promise and commitment to myself. Not only do I want to shed a few pounds before the summer (I know it’s still far away, but it will be here way faster than you think), I also want to FEEL better. I’ve veen on an up and down roller coaster with my weight since I was 14 years old! I was entering into a new high school, where I knew not one person. I was highly overweight, so I decided to start Weight Watchers. I successfully (with lots of hard work and commitment), lost 40lbs! It was such a proud day in my book. I dropped down to an unhealthy 99 pounds and had went from one extreme to another. I wasn’t anorexic or belemic, I just got so in tune with the healthy lifestyle. I Since have gained quite a few pounds and am committing to my mind and body (these next few months moreso than ever). Of course, when we eat better, we feel better and when we workout and sweat, we feel fabulous! In addition to this (and you can follow along on instastories) I will be doing a morning meditation! This only takes 10 minutes and will really kick your mind into gear for the day! I don’t knowabout you, but my schedule is SUPER HECTIC in the morning (especially because I’m having trouble waking up early). My goal is to do this at home with a cup of coffee and some water, but if I can’t right away, I will be practicing it in the car on the way to work! I wanted to share this technique with you because I am a firm believe that we attract what we think and should always take the time to be aware and grateful for a new day and what we already have in our lives!
- Breathe deeply for 3 minutes and be grateful for every breath.
- Take 2 minutes to look up and be grateful for all the small things in life that mean a lot to you
- Remember the most loving moments in your life and feel your heart opening
- Give and send love to everybody close to you and everybody in this world
- Visualize and see yourself from your own eyes. Make it an intention to create a great day and see the day in a positive way
- Decide to focus today on appreciation in place of expectation
- Give, help and love somebody today without expecting anything in return
If you read my about page, I started this blog to share beauty from within and out! I would like to do more of these if your interested, so just let me know in the comments!
BAB TIP: To relax your mind after a long stressful day, use lavender essential oil in a diffuser! Joe and I turn it on ALMOST every night and instantly feel relaxed! We have this one, but I linked a few others also in case you want to try it out!
SHOP THIS POST: