When making a meal, if you know me, then you know I’m always looking for quick and easy recipes! Who the hell has time to cook for like 5 hours a day? I also like to mix a bunch of ingredients together and make up my own recipes, this happened to be one of them! It was sooo good and honestly took me like 5 minutes, so I wanted to share!
- Thai Kitchen Brown Rice Noodles
- Stir fry seasoning (1/2 the pouch)
- Soy sauce
- Frozen mixed veggies in Asian sauce
- ginger seasoning (if you prefer it)
- About 1/4 cup water
- Follow directions on back of brown rice noodle box. It’s super simple – you just boil water, turn off stove and add noodles. Use a fork to spread out the noodles and let them sit for 5 minutes until softened. I thought this was really interesting because you don’t need to keep the noodles at a boiling point to cook them through.
- While they are sitting (this is how to save time when cooking) pop the bag of veggies in the microwave to steam. Follow the cook time on the bag for accuracy.
- In a separate pan, on low heat, add honey, water, stir fry seasoning, soy sauce and ginger seasoning to taste.
- Once the “sauce” comes to a boil, turn off heat and add noodles and veggies. Stir until evenly coated and serve.
I really eyeball when I make recipes and add ingredients to taste as I go along. For this recipe though, I used two bags of the brown rice noodles (in the package there is 4 bags, which is also nice because the other two packages stay really fresh and it also helps with portion control! The calories listed on the back are for each package). I used about 1/2 water, 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 of the stir fry seasoning packet, and then the ginger and soy sauce I added to taste. If I was to make all four packages of noodles, I would just double everything.
TIP #1: I always make some extra for lunch the next day. You’d be surprised how much money you save when you bring lunch and snacks to work!
TIP #2: To make this even more of a meal and add some protein to it, you can add some chopped grilled chicken pieces. If you want to keep it quick and easy still, you can get the pre-cooked chicken and top if off, or to keep it vegetarian I like to get the Dr. Praeger’s Veggie Burgers (which you can cook in the microwave) and then dice it and sprinkle on top of the noodles!
If you want to see more recipes, let me know!