I’ve been making chili for a while now; my dad would always make it & finally taught me his recipe (he tends to keep a lot of his recipes secret). I don’t always measure out my recipes, but this one is easy to eye out! It’s so good on a nice cold day, and I usually make extra to bring to lunch the next day and freeze for a future dinner (it should last in the freezer about a month).
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 can corn
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- olive oil
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- Sauté olive oil, onions & green peppers until golden brown, on low heat.
- In separate pan, sauté chop meat in a little olive oil until meat is fully cooked, about 15 minutes ok medium heat. (Halfway through, add packet of chili seasoning and mix well)
- Once the meat is finished, add peppers and onions to pan.
- Add can of tomato sauce, red kidney beans and corn. Let cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
- add can of tomato paste to thicken and let simmer for 10 more minutes.
I like to serve it over brown rice, and can also be topped with avocado or sour cream…or both 🙂 Enjoy!
SHOP THIS POST: