With the polar freeze this past week, Joe and I were in the mood for chili and this hit the dam spot. It’s healthy, yummy and of course, easy. It took me under 30 minutes, with preparation included! Normally, I make a double batch and froze half for dinner another night! Just pop it in the microwave and wa-la!
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (19-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- parsley, to taste
How to Make it
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add first 4 ingredients on the above list – cook for about 6 minutes or until the chicken is totally done. Use your spatula to chop the chicken up as it cooks.
- Stir in the chili powder and the next ingredients, including the broth!
- Bring it to a broil and simmer for 10 minutes
- Stir in parsley and top it with whatever you like! We did avocado, cheese and sour cream.
Do you want to see more posts on here? Let me know 🙂