Happy first day of September! I CRAVED summer all winter long but I am literally in anticipation for Fall temps so bad right now. Each season is so exciting, as there are a variety of new activities to try and re-live all over again. In the past two years, Fall has easily became my favorite season. From the cozy sweaters, delicious apple cider donuts and cider, to the perfect breeze blowing through your hair, and of course pumpkin everything, what’s there not to like?!
I am definitely a homebody, but also love to venture out. I love to try new foods, explore new places, and take time to have fun with my family and friends! Before each season, I like to take a few hours and do some research online to find out all the events happening near and around me. I browse everywhere from the events section on Facebook, to Google, and local magazines. I compile a list of all my faves and what sounds fun/interesting to me and write them down (I typically jot this in the notes section on my iPhone so I can always refer to it). I separate the list by dated events (in date order of course) and then just random events that you can go to or do any day or time throughout the season. This is the easiest way to prioritize. You can look through the list to mark dates down in your calendar or when you have nothing planned, browse through and then go have some fun!
I wanted to share my list with you, in hopes to make your life a little easier and give you some fun ideas to plan!
- Harvest moon farm and orchard
- Angry Orchard Orchard
- Six Flags fright fest
- South Salem winery
- Muscoot farm
- Horseback riding
- Apple picking
- Rosè wine mansion
- Cold Spring hiking and cafe
- Sussex County sunflower maze
- Renaissance fair
Above are some general ideas, and below are events with actual dates, in order.
- 9/8, 9- Putnam Valley Octoberfest 3-10pm/ 12-7 pm
- 9/9, 9/16, 9/23, 9/30 – bicycle Sunday’s 10-2pm
- 9/8 – City Island Fall arts and crafts fair
- 9/13-9/23 – San gennaro feast in little Italy
- 9/14 Septemberfest in Mt KISCO
- 9/28-11/24 – Great Jack o Lantern Blaze
- 9/14, 15, 15- Fall crafts at Lyndhurst 10am-5pm
- 9/21- essential oil workshop mahopac library 10am-12pm
- 9/27 -Wing fest at Empire City 6pm
- 9/29- Hudson valley Irish Festival at Peekskill water front 11am
- 10/6 -Westchester Wine & Chocolate festival 9am-6pm
- 10/13 Sleepy hollow street fair – 6am-1pm
- 10/27- 2nd annual freestyle fall harvest 7-11:30pm
I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know what other fall comment you want to see!