Where’s all my chocolate lovers at? I absolutely LOVE chocolate but I HATE the feeling that I get after eating it! I feel full, but yet hungry at the same time (if that makes any sense at all) and then mad at myself for overly indulging in it to satisfy my sweet tooth.
Yes, chocolate is good for you once in a while, mainly dark chocolate, but for myself it is so hard to stop myself. I can eat 20 Hershey kisses so fast that I don’t even realize it!
I wanted to find something that was similar to chocolate that I could eat for a snack without that guilty feeling to follow. These truffles were made for chicks like us who dig chocolate or those who are awaiting their lady days and still want to eat healthy without binging the entire week (because lord knows all want to!
The base of these truffles is a combination of dates, coconut oil, & raw unsweetened cocoa powder. You can use practically anything you love to coat the outside with! I love unsweetened coconut and walnuts, so I chose to use those. But get creative and see what you can come up with! The possibilities are endless.
Makes 12 truffles
Total time 15 minutes
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, walnuts (chopped) or matcha powder
- Add dates, cacao powder, coconut oil, vanilla and salt to food processor. You can use a blender if you don’t have a food processor, but it is much harder to grind up completely.
- Blend for 3-5 minutes or until dough is smooth.
*If using a blender, scrape down the sides with a spatula and blend again, repeating until ingredients are combined.*
- If necessary, add 1 tablespoon water while processing to help dough come together.
- Lightly coat your hands with coconut oil.
- Break off a bite-size piece of dough and roll it between your palms into a ball. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Roll each ball in coating.
- Store truffles in refrigerator for up to four weeks.
Nutrition per truffle: 133 calories
Tip: For soft & creamy truffles, eat immediately. If you want a firmer texture (which to me, tastes more enjoyable) chill in the refrigerator for a half hour or more.