This is not the healthiest recipe, but I saw it on someone’s Facebook profile and wanted to try it out so complete credit goes to Delish, however, I did change it up to make it dairy free and without sugar. The only sugar is from the dark chocolate chocolate morsels! When I see something interesting like this, I always need to try it out! I’m also not a hot chocolate fanatic, but on occassion, I’ll like to have one when we’re doing something outdoors or while watching tv with the Christmas tree lit! I also added some peppermint to ours 🙂 I included the original recipe, but next to it wrote what I used instead!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 1/2 c. Chocolate chips (dark chocolate)
- 1/2 c. Cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Sugar (I cut this out completely)
- 1 c. Heavy cream (instead I used coffee mate almond milk creamer in the flavor vanilla)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla (I cut this out completely)
- 6 c. Whole milk (instead I used silk brand almond and coconut milk blend- unsweetened)
- Marshmallows to top
Easy as hell! Combine ingredients in crockpot and cook through on low for about 2 hours! Pour into a cute mug and enjoy!