With wedding season just around the corner, it’s type to kick my butt into gear and shed some pounds. If you watched my stories today, I shared 3 fun healthy snack ideas and plan to keep doing this and hold myself accountable by talking more openly about it with you! Tonight I wanted something quick, easy and healthy. This is usually always the case but it can be hard to find recipes that combine all 3. Well, look no further… here’s what you’re making for dinner tomorrow 😉
Here’s What You Need:
- Bell peppers, tops cut away and seeds removed (I used red, green, yellow & orange)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 c finely chopped onions
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 c cooked brown rice (I used the frozen bag- saves time!)
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 c mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a large pot of boiling water, parboil the peppers until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and dry on paper towels.
- In a large saute pan or skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic. Cook stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes or so
- Add the ground chicken, parsley, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and pepper flakes.
- Cook until the meat is browned, stirring with a heavy wooden spoon to break up the lumps, about 6 minutes.
- In the meantime, pop the bag of rice in the microwave and then add to meat mixture, along with the tomato sauce and stir well.
- Remove from heat and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Pour enough water (or chicken broth) into a baking dish just to cover the bottom, about 1/8-inch deep.
- Stuff the bell peppers with the rice mixture and place in the baking dish.
- Bake until the peppers are very tender and the filling in heated through, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
If you really like recipes on B&B, feel free to DM me and let me know because I love bringing content you enjoy!!
Shop our dining table & storage baskets!