Whether your having a friend over who you haven’t seen in a long time, or meeting a co-worker over at a local coffee shop, it’s always a good idea to have some topics in mind. Of course, if your meeting up with these people, I would assume you have some type of personal connection, however some conversations may not flow as smoothly as we would like them to.
PICTURED: Freight House Cafe, Mahopac NY
To help you out a little bit, I came up with 10 conversation topics to keep in mind when you come to a standstill. I believe these are all really great topics that can lead to a long lasting conversation!
- Where do you spend most of your free time / day?
- How should success be measured? By that measurement, who is the most successful person you know?
- Where is the most awe inspiring place you have been?
- What is the best way to stay motivated and complete goals?
- What is something you think you will regret in the future not starting now and what is something you already regret not starting sooner?
- What hobby or interest have you partaken in recently ?
- Tell me about your family… Do you have siblings? I would love to learn more about them.
- Ask them to share how their week is going– any good or bad things that have happened.
- Who or what has had the most positive impact on your life?
- What’s one dream that you have tucked away for the moment? Why?
People dismiss small talk as superficial and boring. People are definitely wrong. Small conversations are essential. They allow us to engage and identify common ground with safe topics. Hope your able to use some of these in your next meeting! Comment below if you do!