This is literally the EASIEST, quickest yummiest salad and can be tossed with some grilled chicken, steak or fish. It also goes delicious with a glass of white wine and can be eaten as an appetizer for your family or a party.
I have always loved arugula lettuce – its’s texture, taste, smell. On its own or mixed in with other greens, arugula makes a great salad. It can stand up to a stronger vinaigrette but is often paired with a sweeter balsamic, which balances well. Its leaves are soft, chewy and utterly delicious all around.
- 2 bunches arugula, washed, dried, and torn
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 can gaeta olives
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A chunk of Parmigiano-Reggiano
- In a serving bowl, drizzle the arugula with the oil, squeeze in the lemon juice, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add tomato, red onion & gaeta olives
- Toss until well mixed and taste for seasoning.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave thin pieces of Parmigiano over the top.
Buon appetito loves! Comment below and let me know what you think!