In anticipation of our weekend trip coming up, I’m prepping some ways to stay motivated and not fall completely off the wagon while we’re away. I can’t lie, I’m a sucker for indulging while I’m on vacation, but the aftermath isn’t so fun. The feeling of being bloated, tired and straight up cranky isn’t my idea of a good time, so I’m taking the leap and working on making some changes in this area of my life. I made a new promise to myself that when I am not happy with something I’m doing, it’s time to switch up routine.
Pack healthy snacks in advance! HACK: I like to use one of those containers with multiple compartments and fill each one with a difference snack. It’s like your own personalized snack box.
- Research places to eat before you go
- Learn how to modify the menu. I am 100% a menu modifier, and I know it can be a pain on the servers end,
- Do lots of walking & find hotels with a gym
- Hydrate before a flight or a long car ride
- Don’t go crazy at the buffet
- Eating 3 meals out per day is not only costly, but can contain up to 5x more calories, salt and sugar. Picking up some snacks to munch on throughout the day will keep you from getting hungry! Try some fruit, hummus, rice cakes or raw veggies 🙂
- If you carbload on one meal, keep the other meals on the lighter side. Balance my friends, balance LOL